The floors in a kennel are very important because they are used by everyone involved in the care of the pets. New, existing, or very old kennel floors - It does not matter because all kennel floors should be sealed in one form or another to prevent smell, infections, contamination, and to make them easier to clean.
Locations and purpose
- Customer Facing Areas – These areas are where a customer expects to see that his pet will be in a clean well-presented
environment. A colored floor option like epoxy is recommended because it
presents best. These areas are typically not exposed to severe cleaners or disinfectants,
so color stain concrete, epoxy, vinyl, or ceramic flooring is used. For this type of area, we recommend SealGreen Poly
Shine or Matte,
StepGuard with Antiskid and colors.
- Front lobby or receiving area.
- Low traffic customer facing areas.
- Treatment Areas – Depending on the governing
laws for commercial kennels in your area, sometimes an epoxies sealer with
round coving against the wall (where wall and floor meet) is required, just
like a medical facility. If this is not a requirement then SealGreen Poly
Shine or Matte,
StepGuard with Antiskid and colors sealer will work best. These
areas are usually disinfected regularly or after each treatment use, so they
require a strong sealer to deal with the disinfectants used and extensive cleaning.
- Diagnosis Rooms.
- Prep Rooms
- Surgical - Operating Rooms
- Post Surgery Resting Areas
- Post Surgery Long Term Stay Areas
- Grooming Areas – These areas are continuously
exposed to water, dog cleaners, and lots of hair on the floor. They require extensive
cleaning and are subject to heavy foot traffic. For this environment we
Kennel Penetrating Sealer.
- Washing areas
- Grooming areas
- Kennel Service Areas – This is where most
of the heavy foot and dog traffic takes place.
The durability of a sealer is very important because it is also where
most of the dogs are kept. It is important
to know that if you must replace the sealer, these areas will need to be closed
for a temporary time which can create a business interruption. For this type of area, we recommend SealGreen
Kennel Penetrating sealer.
- Indoor kennels and outdoor kennels
- Temporary kennels
- Long term kennels
- Concrete playground patios
- Feed rooms
- Storage areas
- Back door receiving areas.
And to Clean all areas for the first time or on-going cleaning we recommend SealGreen Kennel Cleaner