Bin Swap Compost Program
Want to recycle your food scraps on an as-needed basis? We are one of 20+ Bin Swap Locations across the Kansas City Metro for Compost Collective KC where you can compost as you’d like!
Our Soil, Our Water and Our Air Will Thank You for Your efforts
SealGreen is one of many businesses concerned with the environment. As a non-profit service we will provide you with a bin ($10.00) and when it is full, we will take your full composting bin and swap it out for a fresh one with a new compostable liner ($8.00). All fees collected go directly to Compost Collective KC and the compost is used at Urbavore Urban Farms
When you’re ready to START, stop by the SealGreen Office at 16072 Foster Street, Overland Park, KS 66085 during regular business hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday and pick up your composting bin ($10.00). We are closed on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. When your bin is full, return it and swap for a clean bin ($8.00). Most 2-4 persons households swap every other week. To make it fast and easy just order online ahead before you arrive and it will ready when you arrive.
When you drop off your bin, you are welcome to stop and visit with us about our other environmental activities. You can rest assured that your food waste is taking on a new life at Urbavore Urban Farm. Each bin gets put back into service after a thorough cleaning.
What kinds of items are acceptable?
ALL foods including meat, bones, and dairy as well as compostable paper products like pizza boxes, paper egg cartons and paper towels. Everything MUST fit inside the bin. NO pet or human waste. Every compost bin includes a lid sticker that shows Acceptable and Unacceptable items. Compost Collective KC can compost meat and bones because they use industrial composting methods, so the pile heats up to 150 degrees or more, effectively killing all harmful bacteria and breaking down tough materials so that the finished product is safe to use for soil amendment.
Be sure to use our Bin Tips to eliminate odor and pests. Composting can be squeaky clean and easy.
Bin Swap Program from Compost Collective KC
Step to Start Bin Swap:
1. Purchase your composting bin at SealGreen Composting Station - $10.00
2. Fill your composting bin with food waste from your home -You can find this list at SealGreen.com. It is also on the lid of your bin.
3. When your composting bin is full, return it to SealGreen and get your fresh composting bin with clean compostable bin liner. $8.00
4. Hints: Use a small container near cooking area to collect food waste and then put in bin.
5. When your bin is full, tie the liner and seal the lid firmly.
6. For more information or if you have any questions, call Connie at SealGreen – 913-681-3451 or email at info@sealGreen.com.