We provide services to all metro areas in Kansas and Missouri including:
Overland Park, KS
Prairie Village, KS
Mission Hills, KS
Kansas City, MO
Excelsior Springs, MO
Lee's Summit, MO
Blue Springs, MO
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
We shipp products to all 50 United States
Application Instructions SealGreen Concrete Cleaner, SealGreen Concrete Sealer, and SealGreen Brick and Stone Sealer.
- Manually remove heavy contaminants and debris
- Apply SealGreen Cleaner sufficient to wet the surface. Allow to set or soak for 5 – 15 minutes, keeping all surfaces wet
- Wipe, broom, power scrub, power wash to remove
- Rinse with water until clear
- Repeat where necessary
STEP ONE:Apply SealGreen Cleanerwith a hand pump sprayer and allow to soak. NO masks or special clothing are needed.
STEP TWO: SealGreen Cleaner can be used with equipment such as a power scrubber for best results. Keep all surfaces wet with SealGreen Cleaner during cleaning.
STEP THREE: After power scrubbing, excess can be power washed or squeegeed away. Disposal is easy because SealGreen Cleaner is not a hazardous material.
Thorough preparation with SealGreen Cleaner enhances the bond between floor and coating, thus extending the life of the finish
ALWAYS TESTeach type of surface to ensure desired results. Let test area dry before inspection.
CLEANUP - Clean equipment and overspray with water.
Precautions:Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
NOTE: The concrete must be clean and dry prior to application and CANNOT be coated with any paint or sealers. Any coatings MUST be removed before applying sealer. Newly poured concrete must be cured (dry) for at least 28 days before applying the sealer. Shake container well before spraying the concrete surface.
Normally only ONE application is necessary followed by spot applications over fast-absorbing or porous areas to completely seal and densify concrete walls, floors, driveways, etc. One gallon will cover approximately 150-250 square feet.
Surface preparation: It is recommended that the surface be clean and free from dirt, mold, mildew and efflorescence.
1. Clean surface to bare concrete using SealGreen Cleaner to remove dirt and oil.
2. Inside applications – Clean by washing, if possible; by sweeping or vacuuming; or lightly mopping the surface. We recommend the use of SealGreen Concrete Cleaner and then rinse thoroughly. Allow to dry.
3. Outside applications – Pre-treat the surface with SealGreen Cleaner and then wash with a pressure washer (2000 to 2750 PSI - no higher - to prevent etching of the concrete surface) with a medium fan tip. Thoroughly rinse and remove all loose material from surface with pressure washer. Allow to dry.
For rough concrete surfaces like driveways, sidewalks, foundation walls, i.e. spray sealer using a low-pressure garden sprayer with a fan tip onto the concrete surface until it has a moist appearance. Apply more SealGreen Sealer to any areas that are absorbing fast. DO NOT allow product to puddle on the floor. Spread any puddles onto an area that has already absorbed the product using a soft fiber broom. If sealer is over-applied, a white powder residue may appear.
5. Apply sealer with a steady even motion (horizontal pattern/ then vertical pattern). DO NOT OVERAPPLY.
6. A second spot application should be applied immediately after the first application to areas that dry faster than the majority of the surface, repeating steps 4 and 5.
7. Do Not Allow overspray onto glass or metal as it will etch those materials. To clean overspray on glass, metal, plastic; use clean water immediately. Use water to clean tools. Wash hands with soap and water and use hand lotion.
8. For smooth concrete surfaces like garage or basement floors work in four feet by four feet sections. Spray sealer lightly onto the surface to be treated using a low-pressure garden sprayer with a fan tip. Using a string mop spread the sealer evenly until concrete has moist appearance. Repeat this process throughout the entire surface.
9. Repeat step #8 in areas that are drying faster than others. Repeat this process until the sealer beads on the surface when sprayed. Once sealer beads the sealing process is complete.
10. Remember: If sealer is over-applied, a white powdery residue may appear. Remove excess sealer with mop.
General Application Tips
White Powdery Residue: Do not attempt to remove the white powdery residue which may result from over-application before a couple of weeks have passed as it will only make more white powder. After a couple of weeks, you can usually brush or wash the powder away. Any powdery residue will eventually wear off and go away. It results from the sealer that cannot be absorbed drying on the surface of the concrete.
New Concrete: Concrete should be fully cured prior to applying SealGreen Concrete Sealer.
Damaged Concrete: Cracks or spalling should be repaired before applying SealGreen Concrete Sealer.
Surface: “The Cleaner - The Better” - Remove all loose material from the surface of the area to be sealed. Surface should be as clean as possible. Heavily soiled areas should be hosed off or power washed. We recommend the use of SealGreen Cleaner to remove oil, dirt, mold, and other contaminants. Do not use any petroleum-based cleaners when cleaning the surface.
Sealer Application Equipment: A low-pressure pump sprayer with a fan tip is the quickest and easiest application technique. CAUTION: Airless sprayers should not be used as they apply too much product which will result in the white powdery residue.
Ambient Temperature: Because SealGreen Concrete Sealer is water-based; the temperature should maintain 50 degrees 24 hours prior to and after the application to insure that SealGreen Concrete Sealer will not freeze.
Poured Foundation/Walls: Start at the top and work your way down. This application requires two applications - one vertical and one horizontal.
Stucco: Allow curing for at least seven (7) days. Start at the bottom and work up. Stucco requires one application.
Discard container when empty
Sealer is - non-toxic - non-hazardous - non-flammable
Keep out of reach of children
Use of safety glasses and plastic gloves is recommended when applying the sealer
If splashed in eyes - wash with clean water
If swallowed, do not induce vomiting, but drink water for dilution
Wash your hands after using the sealer
Consult physician if required
Timing:Apply sealer as early as practical to protect sufaces during construction, but not before wall cap, flashings, and roof are in place and water trapped in structure has been drained.
Spray apply SealGreen – Clay Brick and Stone Sealer by low-pressure (150 psi maximum) pumping equipment with a wet fan type spray nozzle. Alternate methods include nap roller (1”) or by brush. Required application rate varies from 70 to 175 sq. ft. per gallon depending on surface texture and absorbency.
Application to Vertical Surfaces: Mix well before using if using concentrated version. Test small area before starting general application to assure desired results and coverage rates. Apply when surface and air temperatures are between 40°F to 110°F. Provide adequate ventilation.
Apply in a flooding application with a low-pressure (150 psi maximum) sprayer with a fantip, from the bottom up so the material runs down 6 to 8 inches below the spray pattern. For best results two applications are recommended with the second application applied using a wet on wet technique. Retreat within three to five minutes after initial application. A wet treated surface may be agitated with a soft bristle scrub brush or roller to ensure more even distribution and greater penetration. During application, precautions should be taken to protect the surrounding area from overspray. Remove overspray from non-targeted surfaces immediately with soap and water. Apply to southern exposed areas during coolest part of the day.
Horizontal Surfaces: Mix well before using if using concentrated version. Apply enough material so that solution stands for 60 seconds before completely penetrating the surface. If additional material is required to reach desired coverage rate, a wet on wet application can be used. Avoid puddling or ponding, brush or broom to spread material to more porous area. If applicable, block all drains and use absorptive coverings to contain run-off of excess material. To avoid unnecessary clean-up, use soap and water to remove overspray as soon as possible.
Caution: Over application of material may cause darkening of surface.
Dry Time: To touch or 2 to 6 hours depending on temperature and humidity.
Clean Up: Thoroughly rinse spray equipment with clean water. Wash rollers with soap and water. Rinse thoroughly.
Precautions: Fire hazards are eliminated since SealGreen – Clay Brick and Stone Sealer is water-based and does not contain combustible or flammable solvents. Respiratory protection is not required during normal use and handling. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for more detailed information.